Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Bar Hopping in Shreveport, LA

After a short drive, I plan on stopping in Shreveport Louisiana to hit up some of the bars that the fairly large town (with a pretty interesting film reputation) has to offer. First off is "Central Station," a run-down looking building that has the best reviews for the city. I plan to soak in as much lively attitude as possible before seeing what else lay before me. 
This first bar is located at: 1025 Marshall St Shreveport, Louisiana 71101.





Second off is to check out the other gay bars around and to find out some more about the community in

 this city. Up the block is "The Korner Lounge", which the "Crowd was once older but has become a 



A nice drab looking building, just like I like em. 



If I've still got the energy before passing out in a motel, I'll try to make my way to the lesbian bar "Never Never Land" at 1920 Market St Shreveport, Louisiana 7110, a nice creepy looking shed building. The point isn't to get drunk in a bunch of shacks here people, it's to discover the development (or lack thereof) of the gay communities in the South.


Music for the town: Reuben Bell of good ol' Shreveport




No comments:

Post a Comment